Saturday, March 29, 2008
Shadow Hearts (We want Shadow Hearts 4 and Yuri!)
Attended some Public Speaking competition as a spectator.
BUT I was there to learn a thing or 2 about how public speaking works since this is my first year that I'm joining.
Yeah, 1st YEAR! out of 5 Years! :P
So, I was kind of late to have the ability to talk.
I made this advertisement a few days ago to express my love towards this game.
This game is a history, people!
Best game of the year 2004 and Best game that I've ever played.
I missed something inside though, now THAT I regret. So, I might be doing another one.
1) Who are those 2 people standing on the right side?
- Those 2 are the main characters in the game. The girl is Karin and the guy is Yuri. A little history... back in Shadow Hearts 1, Yuri was the protagonist. Didn't really understand what was going on back then because the game freaked me out! It was just so... Scary! The monsters were portrayed as restless and tortured spirits. Once you defeat them, you can see their profile and history of each of the demon's death. How they became a demon. There's this one girl that some crazy villagers chopped her legs off and fit her into a big snail shell! So, when she dies, she became a demon that has no legs, instead, she moves with some tentacles grown from the shell... very scary... So, yeah, Yuri returned in Shadow Hearts 2, and Shadow Hearts 2 is cool! No longer scary BUT it still has the dark elements. Karin is in love with Yuri, but Yuri only loves one person which is the heroin of the 1st game that died from holding Yuri's mistletoe curse.
2) The background: What's that round thing?
- That round thing is a Judgment Ring. In the game, when you initiate an attack, a ring appears and you MUST press the 'X' button on the colored areas, if you miss, then your attack will miss as well. Very challenging but once you know the pattern and the speed of the needle, then you can pull it out with not much problems.
3) Erm... That creature is saving Karin?
- Yeah, that Demon spared her life. When she woke up, she managed to see the Demon transform back to a Yuri. So, that creature is Yuri, the Harmonixer. That scene is at the beginning of the game.
4) Then, how did he lose his demon fusion abilities?
- Nicolai, said to be sent by Vatican to exorcise a Demon in Domremy which is Yuri in his Amon Demon form which is the 1st picture. So... Nicolai (known as Nicolas at the beginning of the game) did something to him... I forgot what did he do, but it affected Yuri's Fusion Ability. So, Yuri lost ALL of his Fusion Demons that he collected back in Shadow Hearts 1.
5) Fusion Abilities?
- Yuri is a Harmonixer, so he has the ability to fuse with a dead soul with specific elements. Each element has a certain story behind it, mostly... creepy stories. His ability to fuse is a heritage from his Father, Ben Hyuga which in the first game, fights as Fox Face (Wears a Fox mask, you have to defeat him to obtain the most powerful Fusion Demon: Seraphic Radiance).
6) Example Fusion Demons?
- As an example: the 2nd picture. That guy in a knight suit. That guy is a fusion demon. Yuri fused himself with a fire element spirit, thus he became that demon.
7) What's the round thing on the 3rd picture?
- That's the Judgment Ring, see the colored areas? Those are the spots that you have to hit 'X'.
8) Just one question: Why did you make this advertisement?
- It is actually to express my love towards the game. The 3rd was kind of a mess. In fact, compared the 2nd one, the 3rd sucked! Sorry XSeed, but that's my view. I hope that Midway and Aruze will make Shadow Hearts 4.
9) What's your suggestion?
- I suggest that Midway and Aruze ask the fans of Shadow Hearts 2 what they want for the next sequel.
- Maybe they can continue from the Bad Ending of Shadow Hearts 2 that made Yuri lose his memories. They can make him want to regain his memories and maybe bring back Nicolai (even though he was defeated in Shadow Hearts 2) because he's a pretty cool enemy.
- OR they can continue from the Good Ending where Yuri is brought back to the past to stop his love, Alice from dying the second time. Maybe what they can do is... Yuri goes on board the train and meets up again with Albert Simon and kills Albert Simon with Dark Seraphim or something, then the twist comes into play where some guy already planned for Albert Simon to die to release some curse upon Yuri. So, Albert Simon is the bait. Then Yuri loses and that new enemy steals his Fusion souls or something and put them back in the Graveyard. Yuri lost pretty badly and he was thrown down a river from the top of a train. The new enemy thinks that Yuri is dead but Yuri is saved by some dude that'll later join the party and he gets a new costume and bla bla bla.
10) Then what happens to Alice?
- Make her get kidnapped for the release of Meta God again! or another icon enemy (That's for the first disc). After defeating Meta God or another icon enemy, the 'new enemy' escapes to find another way to create a very powerful demon or make himself into a demon! After the 1st disc, Alice joins the party with a new costume. :)
Yeah, so that's a little bit of a 'touch-on' Shadow Hearts.
I hope that the developers can see some space for the 4th installment.
Thanks for reading.
- Jackson Teoh